ECODIN promotes innovations in green growth, low-carbon development pathways, and sustainable management approaches and technologies in environment, energy, agriculture, natural resources, climate change and ICT.
We provide a one stop shop by supporting the entire development cycle and follow through from identification to impact level, testing, replication and scaling up. We differ from other regular iLabs in that; and bullets as below
- We focus specifically on green growth
- We consider that all Kenyan citizens no matter their educational background, age, or geographical location are impacted by poverty, environmental degradation, and other development challenges hence have innovation ideas for their solution which should be tapped,
- Believe that creative ideas and innovations should be supported throughout the innovation cycle if their potential impact is to be realized and scientific knowledge and expertise can be applied to enhance and improve ideas and innovations developed by ordinary people if collaborative platforms and support opportunities and environments are availed
Bring your Idea to life
We commit to transform your idea into product or service
Rationale for Establishing ECODIN
• To focus on emerging socio-economic challenges occasioned by climate change, increased demand for accessible energy, food and fuel.
• Exploit opportunities brought about by devolved governance structures to mainstream green development.
• Address technology and skill gaps in development attributed to difference in understanding of development to different stakeholders
• Build resilient livelihoods and enhance functional ecosystems with County jurisdictions.
Creating ECODIN Green Innovations Fund
ECODIN is creating a Green Innovations Fund to support local-level innovations.
Platforms for receiving funds include Mpesa, Pay Bill and M –Changa.
Partner with us by giving your donation via M- Changa Pay Bill number 891300 and account number ECODIN or through ECODIN Pay Bill number 315787 and account number ECODIN.